Video - Panta Rei Danseteater 'Lullaby'
Norwegian dance company Panta Rei Danseteater, late last year, conducted a little experiment whereby three dance makers created two pieces with the same name based on the same idea, featuring three male dancers and two musicians, to see what the outcome was.
June 2nd, 2016watch now
The more astute among you, and even those half asleep, will have noticed that Article19 has changed somewhat over the last week or so into its new clothes.
Our latest re-design is version number 9 in our short and somewhat notorious history of delving under the skin of the rather bizarre world of contemporary dance. We only change things around to make things better for you, our dear readers, and easier for us when it comes to publishing new material.
Developing a site of this size, there are more than 1000 pages on here these days, is no small undertaking. With new designs and new code come browser compatibility problems especially with older versions of Internet Explorer (version 6 and below).
Some things may be out of place or just plain weird and if you are using Internet Explorer 5 we can only pity you because what you are looking at right now must be truly horrific.
We'll squash bugs as and when we find them and if you notice something awry then let us know. Here's a list of changes and why, just so you know we don't do this re-building stuff for a laugh!
- Fixed Centred Layout: Keeps content in an easier to read position and reduces blank space to the right of all content.
- Graphics: Unnecessary images, icons and other graphics removed to improve clarity and layout.
- Font Size and Line Height: Larger type and greater line height to ease reading especially on higher resolution monitors.
- Footers: Randomly cycled footers to give access to latest content from all sections of Article19 including Auditions and Shout Posts
- Video Pages: Completely blacked out to enhance viewing experience and pave the way to possible future upgrades to HD sourced video material.
- Internal Feeds: Using Simplepie XML parser to remove need for Feedburner feeds. Improves layout aesthetics and speeds up page loads.
- CSS: Hundreds of lines eliminated from style sheets to improve load times and bring consistency to page layouts.
- Reviews: Archived and removed from main navigation bar.
- Photos: Added to main navigation bar. Photo pages altered to match video pages.
- Search: Moved to consistent location on all pages, it's up there at the top incase you missed it.
- Ad Graphics: Consistent typefaces and layout altered to improve aesthetics, and reduce intrusion with the content.
Other changes have been made under the hood to make life easier for us. The entire site should be converted to the new design by the end of this week. Don't panic if a page pops up still in its old threads, it will be dealt with shortly.