Kapow are seeking a Male Acrobat/Dancer for new outdoor site-specific production, The Boulderers. A circus, dance and theatre production telling the promenade story of three Rock Climbers pushing their limits, forming firm friendships and boldly reimagining the city as the crag.
This production will be a part of the Circus 250 Celebrations and is being co-commissioned by The Greentop Circus Sheffield and The Barnsley Civic Theatre.
We are seeking a male performer with the following skills:
• Must have experience in acrobatic basing.
• Skilled in ground based acrobatics, gymnastics, parkour, tricking.
• Experience in devising & creating material - in a circus, dance or physical theatre
• Contact improvisation/partner dance skills.
• An interest in working with props/objects.
• A passion for the outdoors.
• Ideally a performer with previous experience in rock climbing and bouldering.
We are particularly keen to hear from performers based in the North of England, all rehearsals will take place in Sheffield and Barnsley.
The working periods will be:
Research and Development:
21st - 26th November 2017 (Fee £500). Funding for this period is already confirmed so performers must be available for these dates.
4-week creation period in February/March. Including a preview performance night at The Barnsley Civic. The fee for this period will be £2000 (funding for this period is currently pending)
Touring: 4 tour dates in Sheffield and Barnsley, expected March and April. With expected further touring throughout the summer of 2018. (Performance fees in addition to creation fee)
Audition is by invitation only at Greentop Circus Sheffield on Thursday 5th of October, 10am - 5pm.
The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd of September 2017. Selected applicants will be informed on Monday 25thSeptember 2017.
• Must include a short paragraph as an introduction/expression of interest. (Max 300 words)
• CV (Max 2 pages)
• Some video of yourself performing/training/show-reel. Please make sure you are easy to
identify in the video and that we can get a clear sense of your acrobatic skills and movement style.
Send to [email protected]