Indepen-dance is an award winning inclusive dance company for disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy, express, and fulfil their potential through dance. Our mission is to enable participation in high quality arts provision and improve well being, quality of life and provide opportunities for disabled and non-disabled dancers.
We are seeking one male dancer to perform in Four Go Wild In Wellies: a playful look at how friendships are built broken and mended - a whimsical adventure featuring tents that have a life of their own, bobble hats, and of course, lots of fun in wellies! A dance theatre show for audiences aged 3-5 years (and their families). Four Go Wild In Wellies has toured extensively around Scotland and to Ireland and Germany. It will be performed in Thailand in May 2018 and at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018 and Merchant City Festival, Glasgow.
ABOUT THE AUDITION
We are seeking one male dancer to learn an existing role. The audition will consist of technique class and learning repertoire.
• Highly physical and expressive performer
• Ability to learn existing material quickly
• Supportive practice and willing to work with others
• Interest in performing for children and their families
• Interest in inclusive practice
• Height: under 5"8/176cm
• Experience performing with early years audiences
• 2 years of professional, or comparable, dance experience and/or an
extraordinary natural performance style
Audition: Thursday 14th June in Glasgow by invitation only (10am-4pm)
REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE PERIOD
• Week 1: Monday 2nd July - Friday 6th July 2018
• Week 2: Monday 9th July - Friday 13th July 2018
• Week 3: Monday 16th July - Wednesday 18th July 2018
Rehearsals will take place in Glasgow. Fee: Week 1 and 2 £450 per week, Week 3 £270
• 7th Aug - 12th Aug
• 14th Aug - 19th Aug
• 21st Aug - 26th Aug
Performances will take place in Glasgw and Ediburgh. Travel to Edinburgh will be
Fee: £500 per week
Dancers must be available for all dates including audition
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following information to [email protected]
• Covering letter
• Any available links to videos of you dancing (Youtube or Vimeo links only)
Deadline to apply: Monday 28th May. Successful applicants will be informed by
Friday 1st June
We encourage applications from both disabled and non-disabled dancers.
For further information about the company and production please follow the links