Acclaimed choreographer Gary Clarke requires a highly skilled male dancer for the Autumn 2019 & Spring 2020 UK Tour of his new mid-scale dance theatre production Wasteland.
Wasteland is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Gary Clarke's multi-award-winning production COAL and takes a close look at the illegal rave culture of the 1990's. This thrilling new production brings together a cast of 6 professional dancers, 4 male singers from local community choirs, 2 brass musicians and a strong design and production team.
• To successfully learn the repertoire from Wasteland from an existing lead role
• To perform Wasteland at a minimum of 14 mid-scale theatres venues across the UK *
• To perform certain sections of Wasteland in non-theatrical spaces to help promote the show
• To perform with and along-side a community cast of singers and brass musicians local to each venue
• To deliver education and outreach workshops to schools / colleges / universities
DATES 2019 Rehearsals: Autumn 2019
• 9th - 20th September 2019 Rehearsals will take place in Yorkshire. A living allowance will be provided for non-Yorkshire based artists
Touring: Autumn 2019
• 21 September - 15 November 2019 | 7 touring weeks (6 UK venues) 28 October - 1 November is a non-touring week
DATES 2020 Rehearsals: Spring 2020
• 27 - 31 January 2020 Rehearsals will take place in Yorkshire or London
Touring Spring 2020
• 1 February - 29 May 2020| 8 touring weeks (8 UK Venues confirmed)
• * An additional 6 further touring weeks/venues spring 2020 will be confirmed by September 19
• Currently 17 - 21 February & 13 - 17 April are designated non-touring weeks
Applicants should state in their application if there are any issues with any of the dates or details listed as the company can be flexible depending on individual circumstances.
Fee £500 per week x 18 weeks confirmed engagement = £9000 PLUS holiday pay, travel, accommodation and per-diem covered. Additional touring weeks 2020 will be added. Gary Clarke contracts performers using ITC / Equity Agreements and has a House Agreement with Equity. Please Note: Performers must be eligible to work in the UK.
This is an invite ONLY audition and interested applicants should clearly demonstrate: A very strong contemporary dance technique, strong physical theatre skills, some experience in rave dance, experience in highly physical dance work, a high level of stamina, a good fitness level, good contact and partnering skills, good improvisation and creative skills, good musicality, the ability to connect with very emotionally driven work, a willingness and openness to work with the community / non-dancers, the ability to learn quickly, a good working attitude, a good sense of humour, the ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team, the ability to work well under pressure, confidence and experience in delivering education and outreach work with a full DBS check.
Recent graduates are welcome to apply
AUDITION DETAILS Saturday 13th April 2019 - 9.30am until 6pm Venue: London Contemporary Dance School, 7 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PY Call Back: Sunday 14th April 2019 - 9.30am until 6pm Venue: London Contemporary Dance School, 7 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PY
Interested applicants should submit a current CV, a recent head shot and a recent show reel to Katie Bough at: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 8 April 2019
Successful and non-successful applicants will receive a notification e-mail