Dancers for this workshop phase of Origins must have at least 2 years professional experience working in live performance and have a high level of technical training in ballet, contemporary and/ or musical theatre.
The work will be physically demanding, the dancers need to have experience in contact work - Strong improvisational skills with the ability to respond intelligently to creative tasks that will be directed by the choreographer.
- dancers who are theatrically and emotionally expressive in a naturalistic style. They must have the capacity for dramatic physicality that can also be portrayed in a realistic manner through facial expression.
- physically daring and robust, willing to take risks and have good upper body strength.
- strong sense of musicality. The ability to read music and/ or ability to sing would be a valued bonus.
- the capacity for virtuosic and detailed movement language.
- strong improvisational skills and experience in contact work
with an ability to respond intelligently to creative tasks.
CHOREOGRAPHER: Eleesha Drennan
MUSICAL DIRECTOR / ARRANGER : Marc McBride
MUSICAL CONSULTANT / SUPERVISOR: Ted Sperling
COMPOSER: Gianluca Cucchiara
LYRICIST: Andrew Whelan
In this production the dancers will not be required to sing and the singers will be doing minimal movement.
DANCE AUDITIONS: 26th June 9am - 6pm Pineapple Studio 79
SINGING AUDITIONS: 29th/30th June
Workshop: 10th July - 15th July 10am - 6pm, 17th July - 22nd July 2pm - 10pm
Performance: Monday 24th July 3pm
PAY: £850GBP buy out per artist.
Please attach a show reel video if one is available and send to [email protected]